Simply and utterly essential! Explore 3 townships and see a snap shot of the way of life of the rural and urban culture that exists today, as a result of our political and social heritage.
We’ll introduce you to local guides, characters and customs of the communities while you enjoy the tour and if interested taste home brewed beer.
Private Cultural Tours Rates: (includes the choice of a Robben Island or Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens Tour.)
All our private tours are conducted by professional and certified tourist guides. Guests will be transported in an air-conditioned sedan vehicle.
- R450 per person sharing
- R650 per private tour (1 Person)
- Vehicle: Air-conditioned Sedan
Exclude: Optional Extras, Entrance fee to Kirstenbosch & Ferry to Robben Island
Contact us for school tour groups (Student Rate @ R100 per learner – provide your own school bus)
For group tour rates please contact us directly for a quotation. All groups are transported in luxury air-conditioned, 10 seater vehicles.
Itinerary for our Full Day Tour (includes a choice of Robben Island or Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens Tour)
Departs daily from hotel at 08h30
(Times may vary due to unforeseen events)
- Depart from hotel
- A visit to the District Six museum (Apartheid museum) to get a clear understanding of the origin of the townships and the history of the forced removals in the Western Cape
- Visit Langa – the oldest black township in Cape Town
- Visit Guga S’thebe – community centre (skills development)
- Pass the old “pass-laws” office and Museum
- African home-brewed beer tasting
- Shopping at district street vendors
- Visit the historical men’s hostels and also local creche to interact with the children
- Drive through Gugulethu passing the Gugulethu 7 monument & the Amy Biehl monument
- Pass Mzoli’s Meat Market (Optional extra: meal at own account)
- In Khayelitsha township visit Vicky’s Guest house & “Beauty” she’s HIV positive
- Continue our tour to Robben Island or Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, thereafter return to hotel.
- 100% Local enthusiastic Capetonian Tourist Guide
- Guga S’thebe community Centre
- Pass Law Office, African home-brewed beer tasting
- District Street Vendors – shopping
- Historical men’s hostels
- Gugulethu 7 monument, Amy Biehl monument
- Mzoli’s Meat Market
- Vicky’s Bed and Breakfast